We are looking for a design community manager to join the design operations team at our client - a small team that supports and elevates the clients design team through driving strategic programs of work and cultivating a thriving design community.
The role is based in Stockholm, though they have teams in NYC, London, Gothenburg and Boston, and you will be expected to travel as needed. You will report to the Global Head of Design Operations.
The role straddles project management, team operations and community management. You will support projects that drive impact for our designers. You will own the day to day operations and admin of our design team that make them work more effectively. You will help foster an internal design culture that is inclusive, educational, creative, celebratory, and collaborative and oversee the discipline's rituals and rhythm. And you will help elevate our presence externally through our design website, social channels and events. Who you are
You have experience working in project management roles working closely with designers in either a product company or product design agency.
You are a great communicator, both verbally and written, and bring clarity and joy to the projects you take on.
You bring innovative thinking to operations and can demonstrate examples of systems you implemented that created long lasting impact.
You have built up and managed thriving communities either inside or outside work.
You have experience in managing both small and large events and know all the logistical considerations needed to make an event a success and have ideas of how these transforms to a remote scenario.
You are passionate about design and keep up to date with the latest industry trends.
You have experience working with globally dispersed teams.
You understand how to put a detailed budget together, know how to stick to it, and understand navigating financial processes of a large organisation.
You’re interested in making and managing great spaces for designers to do great work in. What you’ll do:
- Become the driving force of our design community activities and socials for Design through supporting several programs around Learning & Inspiration and Community & Culture.
- You will act as our design community manager
- You will collaborate with our design PMs to act as a local advocate for our design community in NYC, London and Stockholm
- You will run and source fun, and highly engaging remote cultural initiatives for our design community
- You will support established programs to aid learning and Inspiration across the design team and help evangelize design to other disciplines
- You will make connections with the broader global design community by hosting events and sourcing conferences and meet-ups we can sponsor
- You will establish our design studios (when we do return to the office) by working closely with our partners in facilities.
- You will work with the designers to make this a creative space where and help nurture a creative and collaborative design environment
- You will help manage the operational budget and work with our finance teams to ensure suppliers get paid on time
- You will always be acutely aware of the team’s needs and provide feedback to our design PMs in order to ensure all designers experience a happy and healthy work environment
- You’ll design, ship and distribute sustainable swag for our community
- You’ll complete ad hoc administrative tasks for the global Design Operations team
Typ av jobb: