A successful candidate will have experience in being a Systems Administrator that has moved on to DevOps/Automation in their career.
The SRE will configure, tune, and troubleshoot multi-tiered systems to achieve optimal application performance, stability and availability. The SRE will work closely with the systems engineers, network engineers, database administrators, monitoring team, and information security team.
- Support development team in handling production environments, releases and pipeline execution
- Identify requirements of new features, and propose design and solution
- Implement features in suitable programming language
- Take ownership of delivering features and improvements on time
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- 5+ years of managing services in a large scale *nix environment.
- Strong hands-on knowledge in Unix/Linux environments.
- A systematic, test-and-measure approach to continually improving service operations.
- Understanding of standard networking protocols and components such as: HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP, ICMP and Load Balancing.
- Hands-on experience from git, automation and continuous integration.
- Experience with config management/ infrastructure as code.
- Practical knowledge of shell scripting and at least one programming language.
Extra Merit Qualifications
- Production experience using Docker and Kubernetes, Mesos or other orchestrator.
- Knowledge about pipeline/workflow technologies.
- Working knowledge with Splunk.
- Good understanding of the Java Virtual Machine.
- Experience in information retrieval and storage or machine learning.
6 months +
Min. 5 years of professional IT experience.