For our client, a globally known dredging company located in Rotterdam, we are looking for a Senior Application Support Engineer. Your responsibilities:
In the role of Application Support Engineer, you will be responsible for several applications, ensuring optimum performance and availability, and act as the link between the business and IT. This means:
- Ensuring optimum performance, availability and 'health' of several critical business applications;
- Dealing with disruptions, analysing and solving problems and preparing and implementing changes to the application landscape;
- Maintaining constructive relationships with the functional application owners in the business and the technical disciplines within the IT department;
- Structured testing and acceptance of applications in the event of upgrades, updates or other kinds of changes;
- Managing external suppliers from a technical perspective;
- Documenting the application environments, plus writing work instructions and (installation) manuals;
- Providing solicited and unsolicited advice to internal customers and stakeholders;
- Participating in application-related projects.
- At least 5 years' experience in a similar role in IT support, and in the technical management of applications and databases in particular;
- Broad technical knowledge and experience in the area of systems, platforms and databases, such as Citrix, Windows Server, VMware, Oracle, SQL, middleware, interfaces, batch scheduling and networks;
- Knowledge and experience with Software as a Service (SaaS), and cloud computing technologies is an advantage;
- The conceptual / analytical capacity to manage the application landscape from both a functional and technical perspective, to conduct problem analyses, solve problems and where necessary propose and implement improvements;
- Knowledge of standard IT methods such as BiSL, ASL, ITIL, TMAP and Prince2;
- Experience of application release management and application testing;
- Excellent command of written and spoken Dutch and English;
- Good stakeholder management skills with respect to business and IT contacts;
- Experience with documenting instructions, standard operating procedures (SOPs), manuals etc;
- A team player but also capable of taking and maintaining control over the planning and implementation of activities for applications for which he/she is responsible;
- Analytical, service-minded, proactive, flexible, action-focused and stress-resistant.
Are you interested in this challenging position? Don't hesitate to apply by sending us your CV in word, availability, motivation and rate. Start:
Min. 5 years of professional IT experience.