For our client, an international media company, we are looking for Data Scientist with Data Engineering focus. Project description:
The Data Science team drives personalized and high-value customer, advertiser and learning experiences. The team builds world-class analytic solutions using customer data for current and new businesses and products.
The team is responsible for providing analytical solutions to business goals and collaboratively solving business decisions through data. You will leverage advanced analytical methods and machine-learning techniques to increase consumer and advertiser sales in digital media.
You will become part of a team of 4 data scientists that works closely with the in-house engineering team (3fte) that focuses on the optimization and maintenance of the AWS platform. Within the team they share enthusiasm about the latest tools, knowledge and help eachother out. They are multidisciplinary in their backgrounds, which are in statistics, physics, computer science and econometrics.
For this specific role, a computer science background and affinity with data engineering is preferred as you will be working with Cassandra as a back-end database and algorithm execution in real-time through web APIs for personalization experiences with focus on one of the news brands. This brand has large ambition when it comes to enhancing the user experience through personalization of specific elements, while respecting the mission to bring all relevant news to their user base.
- Consult with senior business leaders to translate business goals into analytical use cases and models and communicate insights back to business stakeholders;
- Develop statistical and predictive analytical models;
- Implement the models as part of end-to-end solutions in production, either as batch jobs in big data environment (Hadoop, Spark, Amazon) or algorithms executed in real-time through web APIs;
- Create presentations and visualizations for communicating insights with the business;
- Work with cross-functional business, analytics, and IT teams to deliver scalable successes, often as part of a scrum team;
- Proactively identify and drive new use cases and data-driven product innovations.
- Master’s/PhD degree in computer science, physics, operations research, applied mathematics, econometrics or a related field;
- Experience in data engineering (AWS, Cassandra, Spark, Redis, Kafka, API server)
- Scala knowledge (full stack is in scala)
- Strong communicational skills
- Machine Learning/Data science (basic knowledge required)
Do you want to contribute to a number of the largest (online) brands in the Netherlands? Don't hesitate and send us your CV in Word, cover letter and rate. Startdatum:
Min. 5 jaar professionele IT-ervaring.