Senior PMO Consultant
The Project Management Officer (PMO) operates is to provides project and programme management support for financials, planning, resourcing, controls and standards.
The PMO supports portfolio’s with managing, planning and allocating resources and keeps track of project planning, progress and budget, enabling a higher efficiency in project delivery. The Project Management Officer (PMO) also supports the delivery managers with running their portfolio’s in accordance with the clients best practices, methodologies, standards, tools and templates.
Description of activities
- Offer proactive support to delivery managers on the coordination and set-up of the portfolio. Further to support PM’s to ensure programmes and project are approved and set up correctly/mature with robust plans, resource allocation and adequate financial administration .
- Ensure information can be easily consolidated across the portfolio and is maintained regularly. Periodic review/delivery sessions will be planned to ensure the delivery manager can steer adequately on key delivery topics (including top risks and issues).
- Keep track of portfolio/program and project progress and portfolio financials and support the delivery manager in adequately reporting on this.
- Enable project support officers (PSO) to work effectively and efficiently within project and programme’s and be their escalation path in case required. Also to formalize with the project managers on the provided PMO services to their project.
- Facilitates and coordinates regular portfolio and delivery reviews
- Contributes in on-going improvement of the support processes within the PMO
- Able to standardize and implement project management (support) processes
- Coach and guide one or more Project Support Officers (PSO) and to ensure they will be also matured in providing services to the project managers.
- Project / Program / Portfolio Financials
- Project / Program / Portfolio Planning
- Project / Program / Portfolio Reporting
- Project / Program / Portfolio Risk & Issue Management
- Project / Program / Portfolio Resource Management
- Project / Program / Portfolio Governance
Required knowledge (general):
- 5+ years’ experience in a (international) project or programme management environment.
- Project Management methodology:
o Good understanding of Prince II / MSP / MoP / P3O
- Project Management Tooling:
o Open Workbench
- Mobilisation/implementation of a PMO office
3 month +
Min. 5 jaar professionele IT-ervaring.